Kelly Search & Selection is currently looking for a Statutory Accountant, for a multinational client in Lisbon.
Purpose of role:
The main purpose of the role is to ensure the coordination and completion of the Statutory Accounts across the European legal entities. This will involve working closely with the Cluster Controllers (and equivalents) in market who have overall responsibility for compliance with local GAAP and company law. This role involves working closely with key stakeholders both within GBS the markets and external advisors or suppliers, escalating any concerns or challenges in a timely manner.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure key timings and requirements by legal entity are clarified well in advance of the Statutory Accounts process beginning in particular noting any changes compared to prior year.
- Maintain log of local GAAP and company law changes including a disclosure checklist to ensure it adheres to local requirements working with GBS, markets and 3rd party advisors as appropriate
- Ensure any changes and updates to Trial Balance mappings are agreed in advance with Cluster Controller before preparation of current year accounts begins.
- Receive structured and unstructured data from GBS Country Accountants and Cluster Controller as necessary to prepare draft Statutory Accounts
- Coordinate and actively manage the interaction between GBS Country Accountant, Cluster Controller and any other stakeholders to ensure revised versions are tracked and are on target as per required timelines.
- Ensure final Statutory Accounts are ready in line with timelines and requirements for review and approval by Cluster Controller or another nominated signatory
- Develop reporting capabilities to share with key stakeholders for delivery against key milestones flagging risks and issues as applicable.
- A central point of contact with any queries regarding Statutory Accounts process and requirements and an initial escalation point for any risks or issues
- Central point of contact for any queries or issues regarding the tools
- Involvement of the set up of new legal entities within European jurisdiction
- Look for opportunities to continuously improve Statutory Accounts process from both an efficiency and effectiveness perspective.
- Key stakeholder and relationship management with external advisors in relation to software, and additional support services as required
- Minimum 4+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Master's degree in Finance/Accounting
- Experience in Statutory Accounts process either through completion or coordinating role
- Experience in working with IFRS and local standards is a plus
- Knowledge of MS Office, SAP is an advantage
- Languages: English (fluent), other is an advantage
- Strong communication skills
- Good coordination and problem solving skills
- Being able to work to tight deadlines and with switching priorities
A Kelly Services atua na qualidade de Agência de Emprego, em relação à presente oferta. Informamos que se optar por se candidatar, as suas informações serão tratadas de acordo com a Declaração de Privacidade da Kelly Services.
Kelly Services acts as an Employment Agency in relation to this offer. Please be advised that if you choose to apply, your information will be treated in accordance with the Kelly Services Privacy Statement.