We are looking for a skilled and passionate Back End Software Engineer to join our Centre of Excellence to build and scale effective software solutions. The ideal candidate would be an enthusiastic self-starter with deep expertise in complex back end structures capable of working with different integrated systems.
Who we're looking for:
* Understand product area of focus, how it fits into the overall business and sometimes makes improvements or suggestions for it
* Drive alignment by having conversations based on engineering strategy and principles with your teammates when appropriate, strongly oriented towards working to the same goal as a team
* Strive to be objective and continuously reflect on your own biases when making decisions, holding yourself accountable for decision and outcomes
* Understand your work domain, sharing knowledge frequently with your teammates and contributes to team's documentation, creating an organic culture for opportunities to share knowledge
* Able to communicates effectively, clearly, concisely and in an audience-oriented way in written and verbal form both technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Before beginning work, ensure that tasks are appropriately sized for continuous integration and incremental delivery with help from teammates and manager
* Understand the importance of security, utilizing this knowledge to input on making decisions that may have security implications
* Consistently design code that is aligned with the overall service architecture, utilising abstractions and code isolation effectively
* Use a systematic approach to debug issues located within a single service
* Understand the testing pyramid, able to write unit tests in accordance with it, as well as higher level tests with support if required
* Consistently write functions that are easily testable, easily understood by other developers, and accounts for edge cases and errors, with the ability to uses docstrings effectively
What is nice to have:
* Amazon AWS's serverless technologies and microservices for our front-end, back-end, and mobile apps;
* Have production experience with several programming languages (Java, Python are preferential);
* Have experience working on a large-scale system. Making it faster, more scalable, and fault-tolerant;
* Know about systems architecture;
* Highly collaborative and you love participating in code reviews and discussions about architecture, or design;
* Are passionate about and experienced in software development; in particular, advanced PHP knowledge is a plus;
* Are knowledgeable about design patterns and testability; having experience with testing frameworks, performance testing, and unit testing is very welcome;
* Are thoughtful about product design, with good user experience instincts.
If you match this profile, please submit your updated English CV.
A Kelly Services atua na qualidade de Agência de Emprego, em relação à presente oferta. Informamos que se optar por se candidatar, as suas informações serão tratadas de acordo com a Declaração de Privacidade da Kelly Services.
Kelly Services acts as an Employment Agency in relation to this offer. Please be advised that if you choose to apply, your information will be treated in accordance with the Kelly Services Privacy Statement.